© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Llandaf Fields

Posted by Picasa
This is the old drinking fountain in Llandaf Fields.
No longer in use but over the years it will have given good service for those using the fields. Llandaf fields were given to the people of Cardiff by the Marquis of Bute for recreation purposes only.
Behind it you can just about make out the spire of Llandaf Cathedral, so years ago people walking from Cardiff to the cathedral may have had a drink here. There is an older drinking well by the Cathedral and I will post a picture of that sometime.
Today is also the Winter Solstice which is always good to celebrate, as the days now start getting longer and Spring becomes that bit nearer.
I expect this will be the last post before Christmas so have a Merry Christmas everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Gosh that is really a neat fountain with the peak. Nothing like that here on Vancouver Island.
    A very Merry Christmas Dave to you and yours. May 2008 be everything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting drinking fountain. It does look like the spire of a church. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas to you, Dave!I have some memory of Llandaf Fields, but can't grasp it. It seems very familiar to me.I love the photo.

    The days are getting longer, and there is a certain light to some of the days that remind me of early Spring. On the Island, Spring can start as early as January, with some shrubs and bulbs flowering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks of that structure. It's enchanting, fairy-like somehow.

    DaveM, I wish you the happiest of holidays and want to say how much I enjoy communicating with you.

    I will knit you a floppy bike, a floppy imaginary bike, okay? For your cyber Christmas gift this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Dave. What a nice picture and narative.

    BTW can't wait to see the bike Annie knits you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice black and white photo dave and an interesting fountain. I love the history behind these old fixtures that are so often swept aside. We had an lovely old pump and horse trough in the village that was removed by the Council without warning. So sad!

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy 2008.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dave,

    Have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to plenty more pics in the New year.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat shot Dave.

    Merry Christmas! I have enjoyed blogging with you and look forward to continuing in 2008 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyeux Noël, dear Davem! And thank you for your visits to Arradon, always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave