© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Colmar


Our French trip  took in Colmar in the Alsace region, and a first for me to visit this area  Situated in the Rhine valley on the border of Germany this area, during the Franco Prussian wars has swapped between France and Germany a few times.  This the medieval town has retained many of its existing buildings.

As its so close to the borders of Germany, Switerland, Italy and Belgium it has a diverse range of visitors.

The campsite we used, Camping d'Ill, is conveniently sited just outside the town and so its very easy to walk or cycle in, and the cycle lanes are very good.









This house features many heads on its facade


Canals were built to bring in the goods from the Rhine and this area of Clomar is known as Little Venice.


















3 comments:

  1. Cool buildings and I love all the window boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, you see things in person, and I only dream of and see in books.

    LOVE THOSE BUILDINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to dream of visiting places like this, and in a way, I have done that today via your blog. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave