© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Post virus!!


After 3 weeks of suffering with a virus it was good to get out on a lovely sunny day.  We dont normal get laid low often with colds etc, but this time it hit us for six.
  First I went for a cycle[ see Strava side panel].
As I get older any lay off from regular cycling takes its toll and it takes me a while to get back into the swing of things, so a gentle 18 miler was just what I wanted.

After coming home I was stiffening up a bit so went for a walk and played around with the camera

Goldfinches in the garden.



Its always good to see the snowdrops and these have been out for a couple of weeks now.




This Cormorant was about 40 m away, I zoomed in and managed to rest the camera on a fence. 
Although the 40x  zoom is great to have, the downside is holding the camera steady.


The trail, which was once the Heath to Treforest Railway, goes past the house past the Rugby Club and follows the river Taf, so its handy for a stroll.





This friendly cat is usually in the same spot most days,  at the end of the rugby field,and always comes to say hello and have its tummy tickled.



I wonder how many years did it take for this to occur?



Here's the zoom in action.



I spotted this water rail on the opposite bank of the Taf, but as I said the its difficult to hand hold the camera steady.


So here's to the continuing road to recovery!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Your new camera is making some awesome photos! Love those goldfinch on the feeder! Steadying the camera is the challenge...hold your bre
    ath when you hit the shutter...it helps lol...sorry to hear you,be been Ill...I,m trying to stay clear of crowds but it can find you no matter how well you hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry bout the typos using the fire and hit the wrong key...using a stylus is not my thing...but trying to learn!

      Delete
  2. Sondra I have trouble with the keyboard on the Fire too, but overall its a nice piece of kit. I pull my arms into my chest to give more support so I'll hold my breath as well. The other good thing with the camera is that I can link it to the camera is that its wireless enabled, so if I set it up on a tripod and focus on say the bird feeders I can see whats on screen from anywhere in the house and take a picture. This is the only remote it has, really I would have like just a simple infrared or bluetooth connection. Overall though I'm pleased with it. Its not as good as a DSLR but its so handy to carry about. Its a compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you getting back out and about Dave, and great photos too, as usual!

    Hopefully getting some exercise in the fresh air will kill that virus off for good, but this winter seems to have been the winter of the long lasting virus, as a few folk I know have had chesty coughs and so on hanging around for months. So good to see you're getting back to normal - Spring is almost here so you want to be fighting fit for that!

    Best wishes

    Mick



    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are on the mend. What a lovely array of pictures. Each one has it's own special feature. I don't have a fancy camera, but I do enjoy the zoom lens. I had to chuckle when you said 18 miles was a short ride...not in my book...that would be an eternity. HaHa. Best wishes for a healthy rest of the year. Our life and family has been so busy, I haven't been posting as often as I use too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wanda, thanks for the kind wishes, viruses are nasty bugs. I keep following your blog and look out for your tasty recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave